What are you putting off until 4.0 arrives?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Soliloquy, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Are you putting off working on new templates, installing mods, etc., because you feel you'll just have to do it over again once vB 4 is released?

2. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Eh, sort of.

I don't plan on upgrading to 4.0 immediately (shortly after it's released, but not right away), and because of this, I'm not going to stop development on all plans that I have in store for my community(s). Sure - I'll be holding off on major style upgrades, but nothing else.

3. KW802

KW802 Regular Member

The only thing I'm holding off on is my migration away from PhotoPost to the stock Albums. If vB4 is released with the exact same Album features as vB3 then I'll likely stick with PhotoPost for a bit but if there are some even minor improvements then I'll do the migration.

4. tryfuhl

tryfuhl Champion

First Name:
    Shawn
    Crying and pounding on my pillow when none of the custom features work.. then thinking about how instead of waiting and putting out a recoded version they're introducing the recode over the course of updates (and likely years) which is going to completely screw up everything.

Other than that, major display changes, etc

5. 2dub

2dub Regular Member

I've pretty much stopped tweaking things for now. I want to wait and see what happens with 4.0.

Once that gets back up one of the first things I'd like to do is get a new custom style.

But like Chris said I'll wait just a bit to see how 4.0 goes before upgrading.

6. Ryan Ashbrook

Ryan Ashbrook Regular Member

Nope.

I don't plan things around anyone but myself.

7. Svoboda

Svoboda Adept

I've pretty much stopped doing anything major.

8. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I don't really want to put of any plans; I just want to go through and do things. I'd love to upgrade right away, but it's going to be ages before my custom styles and vBorg modifications are updated, so I would be sitting around waiting in dormancy for a long time.

I would rather spend that time productively, maxxing out vB 3.8. :D

9. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

Sleep...

10. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

LOL ...

11. kev

kev Regular Member

I'am not really putting off anything. My forum is pretty much just like I want it right now. So I just kinda chillin.

12. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

Nope - I'll carry on with 3.8. Why get prepared for something that we have next to no information about. Last thing we want is to hold off for 4.0 with the amount of garbage, useless information that's at hand. Unless your a friend of a friend of another friend of the friend next door of course.

13. torque

torque Regular Member

I am not putting off anything - I continue work on my site as usual - however am hoping it gets released and mods updated before next year as would love to work on something behind the scenes to launch a 2.0 version of my site for my sites anniversary

14. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I'm putting off the whole vB Credits thing until I know it will work with 4.0.

15. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

I'm putting off nothing. I am carrying on as normal. I *know* it will be while after 4 comes out before I can upgrade, due to all my mods and cutomisations. But I hope to eventually upgrade to 4, license debacle permitting.

Contrary to a lot of popular opinion, I really like the way 4 is progressing.