weird problem...

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by kneel, Jul 25, 2009.

1. kneel

kneel Regular Member

Im not sure if its my host (godaddy) or my vb...but if sit on a page in my forum for more than a minute or two it will go to an all white page that says "your session timed out, please retry" Then you hit refresh and the screen goes back to normal..

I didnt change anything or install anything...it just started doing it.,.

any ideas?

2. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

Not a vBulletin error. I personally blame Godaddy, or if you have a shoutbox addon that addon.

3. David

David Regular Member

Does your page ever finish loading? Usually once its done loading, it shouldn't happen unless you have something that refreshes a page (like shout boxes mentioned above).

Either way you chalk it up, its not a default vbulletin problem, its from a modification, or the hosting.

4. kev

kev Regular Member

You answered your own question - godaddy

Yea, find another host.

5. kneel

kneel Regular Member

really? thanks..im happy with them...and they get the job done...sooo....thats an "imho" moment for you ...

lemme clear sumthing up. Say you hit post reply...then type sumthing...but have to get a cup of coffee..so your screen sat there fir like 2 mins....but when you go to hit submit reply it goes to the "session timeout screen" . .

6. David

David Regular Member

7. kneel

kneel Regular Member

Its not an auto matic refresh thing...

Its a sit too long on one page..then try and go to another page thing...

dont be a dick..

8. Wayne Luke

Its a communication issue... Turn off AJAX under vBulletin Options -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options. Does it work now? If so, than your server is taking too long to reply.

GoDaddy is notorious for over selling and have up to 5000 websites on a server. While that in itself isn't bad, but the resources allotted to each site are much more than the server can possibly handle. The resource allotment is equivalent to 50 sites on the server. So you end up with loads of 50 or more. That is great if you have 50 processors but they don't. This cause lag and your server is slow to respond.

If you want a cheap bargain host, go with HostGator, HostMonster, A Small Orange, Dreamhost, or one of 1000 other providers.

2 people like this.
  9. kneel

kneel Regular Member

u wanna hear sumthing crazy.....

you know how in the vb admincp it'll tell you the 3 load times....?

I've seen mine as high as 200.00. thats just stupid.

10. Wayne Luke

The numbers represent that server loads over the last 1, 5 and 15 minutes, respectively.

A server load of 200.00 means that the server is running the workload that requires 200 processor cores to complete. Considering the server most likely has 8 cores at the most, it is quite overloaded. Even the average enterprise server only has 32 cores (eight quad-core CPUs) these days so it would still be massively overloaded.

11. kev

kev Regular Member

If they were "really" getting the job done, you would not be here asking questions.

12. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

His original question was if it was the host or the software, he was confused, so why not be here asking questions?

13. kneel

kneel Regular Member

hey kevin.. maybe when I signed up I had no idea of where to go for hosting...yes? no? maybe?
    if you aint got anything helpful to say go away and play sumwhere else.
    awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_32e323b16192c045ce4807af1f3668c7.jpg

Thats what the screen looks like when it happens. i know it looks blurry..but u get the idea.

14. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

How long are you paid up for, AdminX? Is moving to a better host feasible right now?

15. kneel

kneel Regular Member

im done in november...im looking right now at a better setup for my site..seeing that its growing bigtime now.

Anyways..on a side note...the problem seemed to go away...so it must of been godaddy doin sumthing...lol...

thanks guys..

16. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Hopefully it was only a temporary problem, but you should still switch come November in my opinion!

17. kneel

kneel Regular Member

im going to. This was out of nowhere..and the first problem I've had with them. (besides the stupid SLOWNESS) .

but yea..when the time gets a little closer i'll start to get opions, research, ect,ect,...