vBulletin Insecure?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Randy, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Randy

Randy Adept

First Name:
    Randy
    Alright so I am sitting here just talking to friends and trying to decide if i should pore-order v4 of vBulletin but i just noticed something that discourages me greatly.. Their order form does not use an SSL certificate. For those who don't know what it is its basically a security feature to protect data that gets entered.

Noticing this makes me wonder if they really care about their clients or if they really do not care what happens to our data. Now I am thinking of going with IPB instead.

Yes i did consider that its because of the site re-design but a company like that should know that client data is important to keep safe and that SSL certificates help and they should have implemented that before they officially released it.

Cheers,
    Randy

2. kev

kev Regular Member

I think your order gets forwarded through paypal - and there is a secure connection.

3. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

4. Randy

Randy Adept

First Name:
    Randy
    Kevin, that may be but so do all other websites but your personal information such as name and stuff should be secured.

Wayne, Alright that makes sense, thanks :D

5. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

Wayne, they still don't have a certificate attached to the site. Even though the https link works, FF reports that the data is not encrypted.

6. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

It should have a certificate. It did before the upgrade. Still reported as a bug and should be rectified. However the site does not collect any credit card information. That is collected on the payment processor sites (Metacharge/Paypoint, Worldpay RBS, and Paypal).

7. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

Oh, I trust them, and I know that they have a certificate. I'm just pointing out that they didn't install it yet.