Vbseo and Google Sitemap Problem

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by Madi, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Madi

Madi Regular Member

I have VBSEO and google/yahoo Sitemap Generator....

Both work greatly together, but really my problem is that :-

1-I have 840 URLs Submitted in Google Sitemap, and only 41 URLs are indexed !!!!!!

And in the bottom of the forum main page, I can't find the following text ( I find it in most of forums I visit)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0​

Help me please !!!

2. kev

kev Regular Member

That is perfectly normal.

My forum sitemap submits about 1.5 million urls, and only about 409,000 urls are indexed.

Be sure to use the tag system, even if you have to manually tag threads. Then submit the tag pages to social bookmarking sites. The tags are a great way to interlink the forum threads.

3. Madi

Madi Regular Member

How can I configure that Tag system ?\

Any steps to take?

4. Demo

Demo Regular Member

First Name:
    Demo
    - Turn it on in vBulletin settings
    - Turns tag indexing on in sitemap generator
    - Add tags to threads, so they get linked on www.domain.com/forum/tags.php

5. kev

kev Regular Member

When my sitemap gets submitted to google, it sends about 14,000 urls just in tags.

From there, I have submitted some of my tag pages to sites like mixx.com, mr wongs, digg, stumble,,,, the typical social book marking sites.

On my blog, I have started linking keywords to my tag pages.

All of this is designed to feed internal links to the search engines.

Think about it this way:

Post a thread
    Tag thread
    Link to tag from blog
    Link to thread from blog
    submit blog post to social bookmarking site
    submit tag page to social bookmarking site
    submit forum thread to social bookmarking site

Just from that right there, you have 6 links pointing towards a thread.

On top of all of that, you have your sitemap going to the search engines as well.

6. Mopar1973Man

Mopar1973Man Novice

First Name:
    Michael
    I'm using a external site map generator it works great so far...I've got a bit more than 40K links listed. Google and Yahoo submitted list and notified of the new list automatically... :D

7. Madi

Madi Regular Member

And how do you use it?

You know, I am kind of a beginner in sitemapping so what shall I do
    ??

8. madison

madison Newcomer

You’ll love the report that is generated by this site mapping and orphan url tool which includes the following:

• Table of contents – Site information and timestamp that the sitemaps were created.
    • Broken Link Report – Web pages that link to or contain links to pages that do not exist
    • Listing of non http links – these include links such a javascript links, etc.
    • Yahoo Sitemap Generator – Provides a list of URLs in HTML or Plain Text which can be used for submitting to search engines such as Yahoo.
    • Sitemaps for websites – Creates sitemaps that can be included into your website for bots and visitors.
    • Mimetype URL stats – Includes items such as image type and count, text, html etc.
    • Sitemaps Stats – URLs by results, such as current state of page, skipped, etc.
    Site Mapping is easy to use and loaded with tons of features which consists of three dialogs:

• Sitemaps Configuration Settings – determines how sitemaps are created.
    • URL – This is where you enter the address of your website you wish to build sitemaps for. For example, entering Popup Blocker Test - Free Pop Up Stopper Testing after the http:// will create sitemaps for Popup Blocker Test - Free Pop Up Stopper Testing. Tech TIP: If you entered popupcheck.com rather than Popup Blocker Test - Free Pop Up Stopper Testing, then a sitemap would be generated for Popup Blocker Test - Free Pop Up Stopper Testing. There is a difference and some search engines may see them as two different sites. When in doubt, use the standard which is with the www.
      * Not to worry: The site maps tool will not follow external links. Doing so could follow your advertisement links and generate invalid clicks which in turn could get you banned. This is very important and a popular reason for being removed from a particular program!
    • Include Filter – You can use wildcards to include a certain file type within your site maps. For example, *.htm would place only files with the .htm extension into your sitemaps. If left empty, it is assumed you want to include everything
    • Exclude Filter – Same details as the include filter, but places everything except your filter match into the site maps.
    • Rules – The default is to respect rules within the robots.txt file, meta tag and rel=nofollow commands when creating site maps. Uncheck one or all to bypass these rules.
    • Load From – Provides the option to read files from the entire server and below the initial directory which is specified by URL parameter. For example, if the URL parameter is a server address, this option does not effect the behavior of the google sitemap generator; However, if you enter a directory, say for example Popup Stopper Test - test your free popup stopper manually, only files below /protected directory will be processed including any sub directories.
    • Thread Count – The number of simultaneous crawling threads to run when building site maps. This can significantly decrease overall crawling time if large number of threads are specified but will also increase bandwidth usage – so use with caution or just run with the default.
    • Delay between requests – Some web hosting companies will block your computer from building sitemaps if they receive too many requests in too short a period of time. If this happens, then you can add a delay the crawling process.
    • Crawling – Start making your site maps by pressing the ‘start crawling’ button
    • Once crawling begins, you will be presented with status. Everything is self explanatory and ‘Finished’ will appear once crawling is completed. You may stop or pause the generation of site maps at any time.
    • Sitemaps – To generate a detailed report, simply click the entries tab and press the html tag.

9. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I suggest the free vbseo yahoo/google sitemap generator, it's made for vBulletin, no other sitemap generators are made just for vb.

10. Angelinabv

Angelinabv Regular Member

First Name:
    angelina
  11. MordyT

MordyT Grand Master

First Name:
    Mordy
    Spam...
    Someone report it...

* Via my HTC EvO 4G *