Start trying to get the likes now?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by David, Jul 26, 2012.

1. David

David Regular Member

So it appears as if SEO really might be dead and that Google is probably going to start using Social media indicators to help rank sites (if they aren't already).

I'm pretty sure Google+ plays a factor already in your ranking. So does it make more sense to SEO while you can, or should you just get a head start on the "like" spamming.

2. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    The way SEO is evolving I would lean to leveraging G+, Facebook and Twitter instead of concentrating on the SE's.

I have seen a very good sign that Twitter and Facebook are now starting to bring in active members instead of one time lurkers. One of my forums gets most of the active sign ups from Facebook. User registration and participation is way up because of this. I always said social media sites did nothing but bring traffic and none of it ever converted to active, returning users, I am starting to see that change.

2 people like this.
  3. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

I don't think Google is leaning towards the amount of 1+'s for search engine ranking... I think google is trying to make it like "okay, so this is good, we'll put it up there" kind of thing, not like "Okay, this is PERFECT! Let's put this at the top because of this alone."