Spike in traffic for a few days.

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by WEfail, Sep 13, 2012.

1. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

I have a personal blog where I write about a whole lot of nothing. Recently I cut and paste an article on this guy, Gunnery Sgt. John Adam Kinosh.
    It was a cut and paste of the story, the video and a screen cap of the guy. My only comment was to call him an asshat. LOL
    My organic blog traffic increased 30x for that article over the norm.

Every now and then this happens, but its been rare for me. Years ago Yahoo featured a link to one of my forums on their main page, linking to a dated thread / article. In that instance we seen an increase of $1000.00 a day for about 4 days, I was like HELL YA but it was all short lived :(

Have you had this happen before, random spike in traffic?

Brandon and cpvr like this.
  2. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Nope, only random spikes in traffic we see if some type of drama is going on within our community. Such as, a new game drama, lacking features, etc. It goes on usually for about a week before it goes back to normal. I wish I got featured on those sites, good job. Sounds like you have link bait - tied down.;)

3. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

hah. most of my success has been due to luck, timng and a bit of hard work.
    Getting featured on yahoo was a fluke too. The only part I will take credit for is that routinely I ask the staff to work with me on one day and go and rename post titles to be more targeted.

Drama works amazing. Especially forum feuds. LOL

Brandon and cpvr like this.
  4. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

+1 on the drama. That's really the only time I significant spikes in both returning members daily and traffic.

cpvr likes this.