Problem with wordpress under VB

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by kev, Jul 30, 2009.

1. kev

kev Regular Member

I'am installing wordpress under vbulletin for an articles section. VBulletin is in the html root and wordpress has been installed in an /articles/ folder.

The path looks like this - mysite.com/articles/

The problem is, adsense banners are not showing up in the wordpress post, and something happened to the carp cache show. I use carp to display recent blog post in the forum postbit. Kinda like what digital point does.

When I installed wordpress last night, I did not touch the carp files, but something happened to mess the feeds up. I am wondering if there is a conflict between wordpress being in a folder and the carp files, but I do not know where to look.

And, the preview images for youtube videos stopped working in the forum and in the wordpress post.

2. David

David Regular Member

Are the carp files in the /articles folder as well?

If not, there shouldn't be any issues from it so I'd be at a loss as well. I know of a few sites who use carp and wordpress just fine.

Have you tried to revert everything back to how it was to see if carp and youtube videos worked again?

3. kev

kev Regular Member

No, and that is what has me confused.

I might just delete the /articles folder, reinstall carp, create a subdomain and install wordpress there. Instead of sitename.com/articles, it would be articles.sitename.com

I dont want wordpress using carp, its vbulletin that was using carp.

Its a matter of wordpress using carp, its wordpress leaving carp alone.