Photoshop

Discussion in 'Skinning, Design and Graphics' started by TVDinner, Jan 30, 2008.

1. TVDinner

TVDinner Newcomer

I am sure most are using it. I use CS2 currently and love Photoshop for all of my graphic designs and needs (including photoshopping my kid into just about everything). Does anyone else use it?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
  2. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    I had CS3 Extended on my PC. I don't currently have a real version of Photoshop on my new MacBook, though I do have an occasionally use the trial. I can't do anything crazy with it, but I do know the basics and it is a fun program to work with.

3. Webmist

Webmist Champion

First Name:
    Jen
    I use it and love it specially with Image Ready. It's the new love of my life. I also use PSP (Paint Shop Pro).

4. Patrick

Patrick Regular Member

Yeah, I love it! I use it for fun too. Though I have also found Adobe Fireworks to be very beneficial for my sites. It does stuff that Photoshop can't do. Alot of Adobe products overlap in terms of capability.

5. Daniel

Daniel Regular Member

I use Adobe CS2, though I like working with Illustrator more. I had how you have to select a layer before you can work on it. In Illustrator you can just select the object. So annoying!

6. Patrick

Patrick Regular Member

I've never used Illustrator, so I don't notice the difference.

I've noticed alot of Adobe products overlap in terms of capability. What's the difference between PS, Illustrator, and Fireworks?

Fireworks is useful in web design, it helped alot to do transparency stuff on NAFans.

7. Daniel

Daniel Regular Member

Fireworks is basically the same as photoshop. Photoshop actually has more functionality. Fireworks was a product of Macromedia before Adobe bought them out - if I'm not mistaken, Fireworks will eventually be dissolved or combined into Photoshop. Photoshop deals with photos, whereas Illustrator deals with vector images.

8. musicman

musicman Newcomer

Yep, I use photoshop CS2 quite regularly.

9. kaiila

kaiila Newcomer

i have CS2 in my desktop but i'm learning how to use all the CS3 product of Adobe right now...like Daniel said Illustrator is so annoying...i was always looking around to find the layer box like in Photoshop haha . But yea...photoshop is pretty helpful...it's the only designing program that i need so far

10. Disasterpiece

Disasterpiece Addict

Using CS3 and i like the improvements of CS2 to CS3. Better feeling for me.
    Only bad thing is, that image ready is missing... well it is some sort of integrated now but it's a bit tricky to handle.

For web developement, a necessary tool. ps cs3 > *

11. prijikn

prijikn Newcomer

Photoshop is a good graphics editing programme. It's most user friendly and wide range support and Good tools etc. More using the photoshop and then more improve the skills.

12. Forum Lord

Forum Lord Regular Member

I don't have photoshop, but I might get it soon. I will be getting the newer version, CS3.

13. angbu

angbu Regular Member

anyone know where i can find best tutorials? id love to be like you guys...

14. Nick

Nick Regular Member

15. CBB

CBB Newcomer

Photoshop, illustrator, indesign, adobe. These tools I use often. I work as a programmer/graphic designer/ and commercial printer.

16. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Maybe I'm old school, but with Photoshop you can create vectors, web ready graphics, etc. It's just a huge powerhouse of capability.

17. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

with an extremely steep learning curve.

18. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Depends, what part of Photoshop are you talking about, Peggy? Photo editing, graphic creation, interface creation, site designs, etc.?

19. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

To this day, I haven't even figured out how to change text in a layer in PSD. Can't select the existing text. Typing just adds a new layer. Change it on the layer list and it just renames the layer itself.

And yes, I know about the text tool and have it selected. Since that is about 90% of what is would be used for on my desktop, than its really not worth the money. Even bought Adobe Photoshop Elements and 95% of the time it can't change the text either.

I usually get so frustrated that I just chuck the image and use HTML formatted text.

20. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    You just hover over wherever you typed, the cursor style will change, you click it and that layer will come into selection automatically.