phBB:Template

Discussion in 'Graphics Requests' started by ChevalierDHonnuer, Oct 21, 2009.

1. ChevalierDHonnuer

ChevalierDHonnuer Newcomer

First Name:
    William
    I had no idea where to put this to be honest, so I apologize if its in the wrong place. As some of you may know, I have started my own forum webpage. (I fixed my other issue, thanks to Chani and FullMetal's kind assistance. Thank-you both very much.)

However, I wish to make it more appeasing to the eyes. I want to change the template, or the skin. I am assuming there is a difference between them? So I am looking for somebody who can help, or kind of coach me so that I can perhaps have a go at it.

I want it to be in dark colors, and have a gritty, intense feel. I want there to be a hand gun in one of the top corners and splotches of blood across the top-behind the menu bars and leading away from the firearm.

Is that a possibility?

2. Michael

Michael Regular Member

I suppose almost anything is achievable but I cant comment as your forum URL doesnt work. I suggest you to have a good look through the templates yourself as well as any CSS files for the forum and start to teach yourself little by little. Im sure someone may do this as a paid job as it requires custom coding/imagery.

3. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

4. Michael

Michael Regular Member

Surely theres some nice dark/gritty templates/skins you can try out and add that in up in the header once youve found one you like :D

5. Chani

Chani Grand Master

First Name:
    Chani
    I know there are free templates (skins) for phpBB, or even low-cost ones.

What you could do is get one of those to get you started, and modifying that to suite you with your custom header (and any other images you want).

I think that's the path that I would take if I were a total newbie.

Do you have Photoshop or another decent image editor? Even Photoshop Elements would be helpful for you.

6. Michael

Michael Regular Member

Agreed, once he has that sorted out adding a few things to make the header more custom would be fairly straight forward with everyones help here :D