My computer is infected :O

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by Ak Worm, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Ak Worm

Ak Worm Grand Master

First Name:
    Corey
    Im running a scan now. Been, shows that it has quaratined something. I dont really know what. Its causing my computer to act really slow, and it TAKE MY WHOLE internet connection. I was messing with command prompt, and pinginig my connection. Also doing the ping within the cable. (Anteanna to computer) Turns out i had something crushing my connection with the internet. It kept going on and off right away. Hope all problems are solved after this scan and removal of this harmful thing.

2. Michael

Michael Regular Member

Make sure to scan with malwarebytes anti malware and spybot search and destroy after that scan. What AV are you using?

3. David

David Regular Member

HOLY COWZERS this is two posts in one day of your I'm able to read without gauging my eyes out!

Any way, good luck with getting it removed, some of these things can be really tricky to get rid of.

What program are you using to get it removed, maybe we know of better ones for you to try :shrug:

4. kev

kev Regular Member

Run your system through windows updates and make sure you have all of the latest patches installed.

I guess you have a hardware firewall?

5. Ak Worm

Ak Worm Grand Master

First Name:
    Corey
    I have removed the thingy majigger whateveree. It was html injection through the google toolbar on IE. Idk why its liike that......but its all good now. oh and BTW i use McAfee. McAfee FTW! :D