Looking for a social networking map system.

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by The Wizard of BC, Apr 8, 2010.

1. The Wizard of BC

The Wizard of BC Newcomer

First Name:
    Steve
    Hi all,

I am looking for a graphic map similar to google maps that members can use to post events and get-togethers.

I am running vb ver 3.8.4

My forum is about Kilts and our members hold "Kilt Nights" at local pubs.
    We currently have sub-forums for all 50 US states, all the Canadian Provences, The UK, Europe and the rest of the world.
    That is a lot of sub-forums. I would like to replace the sub-forums with a map where members can stick a pin similar to GoogleMaps stickpins.
    The pins would be able to have the:

Up-loadable photo
    Date of the event
    Time of Start
    Name of Pub
    Address and contact info

The Pins would need to have a dated expiration setting to remove a pin after a set date so we would not need a dedicated Mod to do all the work.

We would also like to have the ability to design our own pins for the map. Sort of like a custom smilies set.

We would also need a dedicated map just for our members. We would not want the world to see it and have everyone adding stuff to it.

I have looked at MyGuestmap - The first and only Google Maps Guestmap Service!

and this is along the lines of what I would like. Unfortunatly this site seems to be out of date. I have attempted to contact the admin and after two weeks of emails I have had no response.

Does anyone have, or has seen, an add-on similar to this that would integrate with vb?

2. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member