Is it possible?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by torque, Jul 19, 2009.

1. torque

torque Regular Member

First of all I am sorry if this is in the wrong place and ask that the moderators/admins move it without losing the love for me :)

I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to have custom profile fields in the postbit that only appeared in certain forums?

I run simulator based competitions on my website and what I want to do is have statistics for the competitions (that the members take part in) in the postbit - but know from a mates experience that things like that add a huge server load to the servers... and was wondering if there was anyway to have it only appear in that competition's forums?

2. kneel

kneel Regular Member

hmmm....i dont know man...i know I added 2 things to my profile field and then added them to my postbit...but they show up in every post.

3. torque

torque Regular Member

Yeah I love post bit I was just hoping this would be done as my host said that last time i ran my mates site which had all this type of thing it put a huge strain on the server and i was told if i could somehow get it in a couple forums it shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for your reply anyway back to the drawing board of trying to learn more about vbulletin and how I can get some things added :D

4. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Yes, it is indeed possible. Just wrap the appropriate code in the postbit template with this conditional:

Code:
    <if condition="in_array($thread['forumid'], array(39,24))">
    Change the numbers (39 and 24) to the IDs of the forums you want the code to appear in. ;)

2 people like this.
  5. Lynne

Lynne Regular Member

You may need to use $threadinfo['forumid'] instead of $thread['forumid'] (I can't remember right now).

6. Nick

Nick Regular Member

The conditional I posted is one that I use here to show the iTrader Rating in the postbit while viewing the Marketplace forums only, so it does indeed work. :)

7. torque

torque Regular Member

Awesome... thanks mate really appreciate it will help with server load and will be a nice little surprise to our members who take part in the competitions to post there and get stats for their teams/players etc!

Thank you all so much for your help I appreciate it so much and will confirm this works when I install it (I trust you nick just to let others know that the code you posted is real :D )

8. Nick

Nick Regular Member

No problem; I'm glad to help.

9. torque

torque Regular Member

Another question for you Nick or anyone else is how you got the full bar going across for the signatures instead of the usual small line that comes built in to vb?

Thanks for all the help by everyone it is greatly appreciated!

10. Demo

Demo Regular Member

First Name:
    Demo
    something like

HTML:
    <hr style="width:100%" />
    you could also place the whole signature in a div with only a top-border visible

HTML:
    <div style="border-top:1px solid black">SIGNATURE</div>
    there are many other ways

11. Lynne

Lynne Regular Member

In the case here, Nick has put the sig in it's own column and added style="border-right: 1px solid #f7f7f7" to the <td> tag for the column.

12. torque

torque Regular Member

thanks for the help it is all greatfully appreciated :D