How do you keep activity levels up during the weekend?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Soliloquy, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I've noticed that my forum activity levels dip during the weekend; I guess everyone is off doing other things. Is there any way to get them up? Have you tried anything that works?

2. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    Weekend traffic...what is that? Just about everyone on my site is local and they all own a hotrod or three. It doesn't matter what the cost of fuel is either, race gas was running 12-15/gallon back when oil was up and these people was still racing. Then today they starting filming a new hotrod TV show...think it airs on Fox. So I can forget weekend traffic for a while awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_d693a3ab819e80eb04fa414ed860c3c9.gif

3. Ryan

Ryan Regular Member

I wish.

I am busy on the weekends, dead in the week.

4. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

It sure is different for every site; my Google Analytics graph looks like the path of a bouncing ball, coming back to earth on Saturdays :) :(

5. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

It is a normal cycle, and I think it is healthy. If they are always sitting in front of their computer 7 days a week they tend to get irritable eventually.

6. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I don't think it's an issue with every site. Our activity here usually dies on Wednesday and picks up on Saturday. Monday is the big-bang (usually) and activity is flourishing until Wednesday again.

Weekends are usually pretty active here. :)

7. 2dub

2dub Regular Member

Same here but I expect most amateur baseball umpires are out calling games over the weekend.

Besides forums are best for sitting at your desk and looking busy while not really working. Weekends I don't have that problem.

8. lyco

lyco Addict

First Name:
    Chase
    AMEN OMG SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME lol

9. Velocity

Velocity Newcomer

I agree. I do toss in some single-player puzzle-type games for the weekends, just in case someone is bored enough to stop by, but overall I think it's good that people aren't doing something online 24/7.

Sure - because our own forums are all empty on the weekends, this is our chance to blather on somewhere else. :D

10. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

x.x Dip levels on weekend!? So backwards on Pisoga. It's more active on the weekends. We are waiting for a spike during the summer!

11. Nick

Nick Regular Member

:lol: That's actually a good hypothesis. You're probably right!