how about a spellchecker button to use before posting

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by KjAthena, Mar 4, 2011.

1. KjAthena

KjAthena Regular Member

would this be a possiblity for those of us (ME) who are horrid spellers. One of the other forums has it and I get yelled at alot less because of it.

2. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I use the one in my browser, but I'll see if we can add one to the forums.

3. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

I use Google Chrome on both our family computer and my laptop, and to be perfectly honest, that feature is really annoying. Not all of us are really good spellers, and I just never did like that feature because I don't like seeing red lines under every word I spell wrong. Not only that, but it's not always really accurate to begin with, as not all words are in today's dictionaries. For example, some forum software names: Like Vbulletin, for instance. You know it's spelled correctly, but the browser thinks otherwise. A couple years ago, similar issue happened with the word phpBB. Just did it in a simple form, and your browser would think the word is spelled wrong. However, do it with a number after it, such as phpBB2 and phpBB3, and it would be considered as spelled correctly by the browsers natural standards. So I really think this would not be a good thing to have, especially when you consider that not all words are in today's dictionaries, such as certain forum software names. But that's my take on it, though.

4. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    btw.. I'm moving this to feedback