Here's a possible idea to promote Admin Talk; Awards

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by CM30, Oct 31, 2012.

1. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

Not for members on the forum, for sites posted about here. I've seen this idea done quite well on some old fan sites, where they had awards for things like best layout, best forum community, most active site, etc.

A bit like this:

http://www.explodingdekunut.net/interactive/giamain.html

It's a decent idea for a promotion because of the following:

1. Any awards images would probably link back to Admin Talk, meaning a link on the home page of all winners and initially all contestants.

2. No other admin forum does this as far as I know, so it'd provide a sort of 'hook' to get people to visit alongside things like articles.

3. It'd work better for this site than most others because it's an admin forum, so all members are admins/webmasters. So instead of it being about 2% of the audience who can enter like on fan sites, it'd be 100% of the member base who could theoretically enter.

It's a crazy idea, but what do you think? If you want other ideas for promotion, you could try the likes of a Topsite or wiki (about forum management and admin communities), or a demo system to try out each forum software. Those could also bring in traffic and new members.

cpvr, Brandon and Martin W like this.
  2. Martin W

Martin W Regular Member

I really like this idea. I feel that it would bring more of a competition to members here and create better communities thanks to the awards here. Hopefully you like the idea as much as I do because it would be something that I would like to see.

Brandon likes this.
  3. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I like the idea :)
    similar to "site of the month" type deals, just with a few more categories
    we would need help doing this, maybe make another group of users that would want to help review sites

cpvr likes this.