Harryoke to appear on CBS News Early Show

Discussion in 'Marketplace and Exchanges' started by Harryoke, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Harryoke

Harryoke Regular Member

Harry Smith, of the CBS News Early Show flew out and spent some time at the house with me then went to my show...film crew in tow! They shot a short segment around me and my show for a piece that will air later in the month. I dont have the exact date yet, but will post it when I know. Meanwhile, here is a link to some pics at my Facebook page... http://www.facebook.com/harryoke#!/albu ... =631650531

2. DannyGKaraoke

DannyGKaraoke Regular Member

That is cool Harry! Congrats.

3. Harryoke

Harryoke Regular Member

4. Wall Of Sound

Wall Of Sound Regular Member

Link still not working Harry

5. Harryoke

Harryoke Regular Member

Hmmm...wonder if you have to be a FB member...here is a front door link to my profile, and meantime I will check security settings on teh album... www.facebook.com/harryoke

6. Harryoke

Harryoke Regular Member

That was it...security settings changed...

7. possumdog

possumdog Regular Member

Congratulations. Keep us posted on the date as I don't want to miss it.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Congrats Harry, I can't think of a nicer guy to have it happen too! Did you get a chance to mention Sound Choice and Piracy in there some where?:winkpill:

9. c. staley

c. staley Regular Member

Give it a rest Thunder.... Can't you let Harryoke bask in his 15 mins. of fame without shoving in the word "piracy" or "sound choice" in his face?

I realize that you probably have some sort of altar to pray to daily in your house to SC, but really... sometimes you can be worse than a born-again bible thumper that can't talk about anything else.

10. KjAthena

KjAthena Regular Member

congrats cant wait to DVR it let us know:biggrinpill:

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Congratulations! That sounds like fun.

What was the purpose of the piece?

12. Bazza

Bazza Regular Member

Very cool but due to the security settings on that picture folder, you have to be a friend first to see the pics.

And the link above got munged by the forum. Just use:
    www.facebook.com/harryoke

13. JoeChartreuse

JoeChartreuse Regular Member

I wanna see! I wanna see! Harry, you ROCK!

PLEASE let us know when....:biggrinpill:

14. Harryoke

Harryoke Regular Member

It has evolved, LOL...originally about Harry Smiths, but they narrowed it down to one, and then more about my business and me...spearheaded by Harry's desire to meet another Harry Smith, LOL.

15. Harryoke

Harryoke Regular Member

The latest word on the TV segment to air on the CBS Early Show is that it will air MONDAY NOVEMBER 8. This is the tentatively scheduled date, BUT it is on the schedule. A big news story could bump it so it is NOT in concrete, so I apologize in advance if there is any confusion. CHECK BACK AT www.harryoke.com, or at MY FACEBOOK PAGE FOR ANY CHANGES THAT I HEAR OF REGARDING SCHEDULING!!

IT WILL APPEAR NATIONALLY ON: The CBS Early Show, on CBS, which airs 7am-9am EST.

I did speak with the producer who said that it came out GREAT! Thanks so much for all of your interest in this! For those out of the loop, on Oct 1, CBS Early Show and News Anchor Harry Smith came to FL to visit me, spend some time at my house then went to work with me at Halifax Plantation. This was filmed along with a brief interview for a segment to air on the Early Show. In the event anyone misses it, they will be providing me copies on DVD, so I will be able to show it to you.

16. Harryoke

Harryoke Regular Member

The appearance is FOR SURE FOR SURE confirmed...they played clips on todays show and discussed it and teased it... SO barring any major news, it will for sure air Monday the 8th...this monday. Set your DVRs and if setting your VCR dont forget to allow for the time change on Sat.

17. DJDK

DJDK Regular Member

His wife doesn't let it in the house, he built a nice sized place in his back yard for it though :laughpill:

18. Guest

Guest Guest

That altar is dedicated to sound!:laughpill: