Free Website Grader -- feedback

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by rhinoseo, Jan 27, 2010.

1. rhinoseo

rhinoseo Newcomer

2. vlauria

vlauria Addict

First Name:
    Vincent
    just gave it a try, as a personal fan of http://websitegrader.com I would say a few things.

1. It looks like it just copied websitegrader.com, but it's not as pretty
    2. I scored pretty low, 55/100, i'm much higher on website grader and feel that Lefora.com deserves higher then a failing grade
    3. websitegrader pulls in more info then your site

3. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Instant turn-off: Too much information is required.

4. rhinoseo

rhinoseo Newcomer

Thanks a ton for the feedback. We did not set out to exactly copy Website Grader, although it was an idea we did get from other grader type resources. That is how I initially found out about Hubspot's Website Grader.

Our software is also very similar to Hubspot's... so much that we often go head to head with them with people getting demos of both systems. I think the main difference is the approach. We are an actual service based company (websites and Internet Marketing) with a nice app where Hubspot is primarily a Saas company.

Anyway we are working on showing more information on the grader and improving always.

Nick, as far as too much data collection, I completely agree.

Again I appreciate the input!

5. gnatster

gnatster Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    I tried it, also scored a 55/100. I think your grading of forums for having tables might be causing some of this.

Also about 5 min after I got the report I got a sales pitch. Frankly that turns me off right there.

6. rhinoseo

rhinoseo Newcomer

Thanks... you are right... the auto-response is too 'sales pitchy'. In fact our salesman wrote it... but I do think it was too pushy. I think the edit is not as bad.

While the response may be a slight turn off... I would rather a qualifier than someone calling every grader.

Thanks for the input!

7. PlopCat

PlopCat Newcomer

Yours gave me 35/100.

I used Website SEO Tool | Website Grader & got a 83,608 of the 2,718,818 websites that have been ranked so far & 95/100

websitegrader & yours told me a few things I knew needed to be done & many things I'll have to look into as I'm learning as I go along

8. BananaQueen

BananaQueen Grand Master

First Name:
    not telling anyone ;)

it asked for my phone number and name?????????????? :eek:

sorry but no, bit of a turn off....

9. PlopCat

PlopCat Newcomer

The 1st time I put nothing but my site which gave me a ultra low score. So I tried it again & put in my site (in the right box this time : ( and three other competitors. No name # etc. No way on that & those are the scores I got
    Mods delete this if you want