Favorite vB 3.7 Feature?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Chris, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Chris

Chris Regular Member

With the upcoming release of vB 3.7.0 Gold (and all of the excitement over the beta releases), I figured that this would be an appropriate thread to start! :)

Personally, I love the new profile/social networking system. It not only has a clean feel + nice editing interface, but allowing members to post comments is quite nice. The ability to customize profiles almost entirely is yet another awesome aspect of this new system, and I gotta' say, I think I'm in love with it. While I personally don't care for the major social networking websites, having the ability to do so on vBulletin is fantastic.

2. Patrick

Patrick Regular Member

I actually don't use it, but I've heard really cool things about it.

Doesn't it have an image gallery component of sorts? I also think the blogging and social networking aspect is cool.

Might make it worth investing in a vBulliten license.

3. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    Yes, members can now have their own albums. You can actually create one in your User CP, right here on AdminAddict.

I'm not sure I can pick just one new feature of vBulletin 3.7 that I like the best. There are lots of great things about it, but I do really like the profile/social networking system. Thread prefixes, tags, groups, etc. - all nice features too.

4. Patrick

Patrick Regular Member

I'm just a bit confused, what is the difference between Visitor Messages and PMs? Are Visitor Messages more like a tagboard for a certain user?

5. Chris

Chris Regular Member

A visitor message is one that can be left publicly on a users profile, while a private message (PM) is one that is sent privately to a member (or, multiple members).

6. Webmist

Webmist Champion

First Name:
    Jen
    Some of the features I can see going to good use. I think a few of them could be combined to offer more function.

My favorite is the profile customizing. It's a great insight to some personality.

7. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

My members absolutely love the Friends list/social networking. I had one member try to friend all 2,500 + members :)

8. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Lol, why doesn't this surprise me? :lol:

My members love the visitor messaging. It's much more convenient than PMs for quick "hellos" and other casual discussion.

9. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

Visitor Messaging and Profile Customization. A few little tweaks and you have a great backbone for a niche social networking site. You don't need 200 million visitors a month to run a successful networking site.

10. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I love the "visitor messaging" feature - it gets addicting.

11. The Cadet

The Cadet Adept

First Name:
    Jonah
    Rabid necro get? :V

I personally love the template conditionals. Then again, who doesn't? Of the features that aren't in most of the 3.x series, I'd say that I honestly don't use many/any of them... :(

12. Nick

Nick Regular Member

If only the profile customization aspect was much easier to use, I think it'd be a hit. In its current state, it's overwhelming for my members - and even for me. :p