Extreme Inactivity

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by tech, Sep 2, 2009.

1. tech

tech Regular Member

Extreme Inactivity

What would make YOU pull away from JetGaming?

The only 'active' people on the forums/site is the staff which is good in a sense..but there not moderating anything.

I also dont want to fork out £91 ($149, vbseo) for a ''plugin''...

http://jetgaming.org

2. David

David Regular Member

vbSEO doesn't deliver activity so don't believe their construed marketing hype otherwise.

The only way you'll get activity is to get more members. There are tons of ways to do that such as link swaps, banner exchanges promoting via articles etc etc.

Nice site though, I like your front page.

3. cheat-master30

cheat-master30 Grand Master

To be fair, you might want to consider that it's not the best time for a gaming forum to be massively active, due to being between major video game releases. But to get more activity, I think you'll need to be the one starting it, by posting unique content in decent quantities, and trying things like swapping links and such like to get new members.

4. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    Honestly, I would have never known that was a game forum.

I would seriously look into some graphics. Your current skin is okay if you were running some type of office supply forum but you really need something that screams GAMES in my opinion. I'm really not trying to condem but simply trying to help. I don't really play games that much any more but most if not all of your gaming forums has some type of colorful graphics. So I would look into a custom skin if possible. If not there is some cheaper 30.00-50.00 skins and even some free skins that would be a slight improvement.

Then I would pick up some popular gaming magazines and post a lot of related new content...even if it's something small like new Wii remote controllers. Ask if anyone is using them and what they thought etc. Talk about bragin shopping. Our economy sux and it's hard to shell out 60.00 for a single game. Places like Game stop sells used games or pawn shops etc. You could try doing forum games or posting a joke or riddle of the day. The internet is full of jokes and riddles.

Another thing you could try is posting gaming youtube videos. Do a search for youtube or kevin here on AA. He wrote a really good article on ways to help make and promote youtube videos. There is always some tips or cheat code released for video games and these tend to be child-proof for people like me. So maybe you could make a video showing how to pull off these tricks or cheat codes. Or maybe shoot a small clip of a new game you just rented/bought.

One last thing, install a ton of cool crazy emoticons. You can find them all over the internet...but try and look for game/movie related emoticons.

Here is a few you may like:

awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_ac869dd64c0c56ccc97b2e4e801ad285.gif awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_ff7ccfe3d3306a0bf4448bb415256d7c.gif awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_708bea0e4c76158118160a2369f249f3.gif awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_3ddd197aafbf25ad3d90c0273ac7256c.gif awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_28456873f2db290630fa61221e46bd74.gif awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_4a68cc1d7da059c64e9ba73952bffd48.gif awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_902637467fd405c2a0be1177bdaba33b.gif awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_a400a604fdfb1b3175925efe632fa816.gif awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_8c01ad037ad4521a4c723ee123de7401.gif

Hopefully that will help awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_4a8472c7460d862d9f38d072e80756d2.gif

5. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Running contests also help uproar activity.

6. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray

Shoot ya, pick up a copy of the newest game and give it away...Batman Arkham just came out. It's pricey to buy it for every system but it's safe to say Xbox and PS3 is pretty high on the console list. That or pick up a Game stop gift card...just about every major city has a GS location. Now personally I wouldn't do it until I got a more colorful skin but that is just me. Then I would an ad using Google adwords when I started the promotion.

7. tech

tech Regular Member

I have no money left, and im also buying Windows 7 in October so thats setting me down another £150.

I was thinking at a later date to do a competition and 1st prize either 1 Year XBL or a free Steam Game.

8. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    Then how about installing a free skin that includes some color? I'm using a free vB skin right now on my site that was designed for gamers....I'm still using the Xbox status icons lol There is tons of free skins available that would help.

9. cqinzx

cqinzx Newcomer

I think you have too many forums. Combine some of the forums together to make it look active. It won't actually boost activity, but guests will come and see that it is slightly more active than if the many forums you have now.

10. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

Integrate your forums into your site. Currently they are two different sites with different looks. Not very professional in my opinion. When I click on "Forums" in wordpress, I shouldn't have to wait 3 seconds to be redirected to a site that looks nothing like the site was first on. That is the major thing.

Also you are very limited in your content. For instance the MMO space is fairly hot right now with Blizzard's new expansion pack announcement, the release of Champion's Online and Dungeons & Dragons switching from a subscription payment model to a micropayment model, the upcoming release of Aion on Monday. Also nothing about the Halo 3 expansion pack being released on Monday which is in the same genre of games you are covering.

Lot of "Call of Duty 4" information though, even though it has been out for almost two years.

11. BluEditor

BluEditor Newcomer

This managed to get atleast 3 lurkers on my site to start posting. This works especially if you have emocations that are pure awesome.

This is the site I got my smilies from:
    Adium - Xtras - Categories: Emoticons

12. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

This is my gripe with a lot of gaming sites/communities. I watched a site go from millions of views a day down to all spam posting, and normal human activity is only just now picking up. Part of this was due to being down for months while their webmaster f***ed them over, but also because they only focused on a game released in 2002, and refuse to let go.

BF2 communities that ONLY focus on BF2, start to dwindle in activity. The past is the past, no matter how great it was.

And I agree that the skin of your forum does not scream "gaming" to me, nor does it match your WP blog, and I think that's an important part.

I just gave a $100 AdWords code to one of my friends recently, but would've given it to you. ;) They were giving out codes like wildefire.

13. tech

tech Regular Member

Awww.....I got a voucher for £30 for august but i forgot to use and i got really annoyed about that....

I have no idea how i would make the forums look like the main site..

Ive also sorta forgot about the site for the past week, working on other things.