Does google analytics have anything to do with SEO?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by Abomination, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

It is probably a dumb question.

Is google analytics (GA) only a statistics collection program, or does it actually bring up a forum up in the google search results?

If GA really does bring a forum up in the the google search results, then how much can a forum be brought up in the search results without using GA?

:confused:

2. Noles

Noles Adept

First Name:
    Ryan
    I think it's purely for analyzation purposes. Google has other articles and suggestions on improving SEO with them.

3. vlauria

vlauria Addict

First Name:
    Vincent
    GA is only a reporting and stats service, it will not change your rankings in Google.

HOWEVER, it provides you with boat loads of info that you can use to raise your rankings, such as who is linking to you, what keywords ppl are searching to find your site, etc. I also recommend Google Webmaster Tools as another necessary tool for optimizing your site for search engines. Yahoo has a tool as well. (The yahoo tool is interesting because it provides a lot of valuable data without verification of your site, so you can spy on the competition =D )

3 people like this.
  4. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Thanks to both of you!

That is great information. I really would like to stay away from GA, and now I know that GA is not required to be higher in the ranks.

5. vlauria

vlauria Addict

First Name:
    Vincent
    Why would you want to stay away from GA? To me, it's an incredibly valuable service, I can't believe they actually give it away for free. I'm curious as to why somebody wouldn't want to use it?

6. Noles

Noles Adept

First Name:
    Ryan
    More than that, you don't even need to download anything. Just login with your Google account and once you have entered your site's URL, copy and paste the code they give you into the appropriate area(s).

7. horizon

horizon Newcomer

Google analytic is nothing to do with SEO. It is a tool we can use effectively to increase SEO.