Code signing certificates

Discussion in 'Web Development and Programming' started by Lairston, May 7, 2013.

1. Lairston

Lairston Regular Member

Has anyone ever tried to get a code signing certificate? I just got one for my software at beaver valley software. I had one years ago but let it go without renewing it. I have to say that is the most convoluted process I have ever seen.

I have state papers that say I and BVs are the same "person" but the comodo people couldn't let my domain registration be in my name. It had to be Beaver Valley Software

To add to the fun, I had registered bvs as a private domain to stop spam... since this was back in 2005, I didn't have the password or the login for godaddy's domains by proxy garbage... I had to jump through hoops to get control of the domain. I finally switched my site for the certificate to bvsc.us (a domain that had been forwarding to bvs) because I didn't think godaddy was ever going to give me the login details. Finally after 4 days of going back and forth with both companies I got the certificate. And about 2 hrs after I got the comodo certificate I finally satisfied godaddy and got access to the privacy stuff and got rid of it.

Needless to say I highly recommend not doing a privacy registration.