Certain ads in certain forum sections?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by kev, Jul 14, 2009.

1. kev

kev Regular Member

Is it possible to restrict certain ads from showing up in certain forum sections? This is using the built in ad templates of vbulletin.

My sites deals with a wide range of topics, including weapons. Well, google does not want adsense on pages that promote the sale of weapons.

Is there any way to show banners in the hiking a camping section, but not in the weapons section of my forum.

I know you can use "if" statements to show ads to certain usergroups. Could those same statements be used to not show ads in certain sections?

2. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    Did you ever get that PSClicks set up and running? I'm already making money off it and my site is a drop in the bucket compared to your site. Their ads isn't just about firearms either, I got some on related clothing.

3. kev

kev Regular Member

I'am getting the run around with them.

4. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

2 people like this.
  5. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

I do not use adsense but put up ads using a really simple really handy product from vb.org called brotator. That may well be of use because certain ads can be in certain forums.

6. kev

kev Regular Member

I signed up on the vbAdvertise site, posted a question and have not received an answer yet.

7. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Me either Kevin; it seems a bit slow there overall. Only 12 posts since my last visit.

8. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    How strange:speechless:

9. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

You can do this easily with template conditionals.

Code:
    <if condition="in_array($foruminfo['forumid'], array(X,Y,Z))">Ad Code Here</if>
    vBulletin 4 will have an advertising manager that will make positioning ads on your site easier and will include easy to use conditionals similar to notices now.

2 people like this.
  10. kev

kev Regular Member

Thank you wayne.

I finally got an answer on the vbAdvertise site. And it looks like it will fit the bill. I'am also interested in running ads on my blogs from one central location. From what it looks like, vbAdvertise will be able to manage ads on the forum, and the blogs and from one location.

11. Dan

Dan Future Proof

First Name:
    Dan
    I'll have to look into that. Never heard of it. The brotator I have running on one site and will install on another when I get time. Thanks for the info people.

12. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

As did I... sounds like it will do almost everything I need, except give the mods referral credit for the advertising they sell. Guess I'd have to do that manually.

13. Terror

Terror Guest

we use this addon...

Advertisement Management - vBPoint-Forum

it's a beta yet, but works very fine on our board :)

14. torque

torque Regular Member

I use vbAdvertiser and it does the trick for me I run an actual website, with the forums attached and also have made sites/forums for my friends or associates and vbAdvertiser allows me to handle ALL ADVERTISEMENTS on ALL SITES from the one position.

I would love to post my link and show it off however I am embarrased a couple months ago we had like 10k members and 120k posts but then we were hacked and lost everything and am very much still in rebuilding stage trying to get it all working perfectly again and so it is not as impressive at the moment with 30 members and 2000 posts and don't want to look like a complete newbie however the site/forums etc has advertisements on there which are all done using vbAdvertiser.

15. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Everybody seems to be praising vBAdvertiser lately. I will have to check it out. :cool: