Can't add sites to Bing?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by Soliloquy, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I was on a search engine optimization and submission spree today, but couldn't add my latest sites to Bing webmaster tools. I clicked on the "Add Site" button as usual, but instead of the form to enter the URL got this:

Has anyone else been getting this error?

2. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

What forum software? And what's the link look like? What software plugin are you using for the sitemap creation, if any?

I just resubmitted one of mine, and it appears to be working just fine. Then again, it could be a hit-or-miss issue.

3. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I haven't even gotten to the sitemap part yet; I'm trying to add sites on Sign In. Never had a problem before.

4. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

Hmm, really weird. I can still log out, log in, go to my sites, and re-ping my maps.

5. David

David Regular Member

Dunno, I never bother submitting sites to search engines, I just let them find them the natural way by getting some really good back links :D

6. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

I like to submit mine just to have more control over, and to view how the search engine sees my site. For instance, in Google Webmasters, you can view what keywords you show up in, which ones are the most popular, what page goes where, etc. You can also submit your sitemap, in case there's areas of your site/forum that the engine didn't pick up on. And, submitting a sitemap usually allows you to tell the search engine how often to scan certain parts of your site.

That's not to say you won't get good rankings without it, though. I've seen plenty of sites do that, and place pretty high. I guess ultimately it comes down to how well your site was made, and your personal preferences/goals.

7. David

David Regular Member

Oh don't worry I do take advantage of such things as the webmaster tools aspect of it, but as for submitting a new site to get crawled is what I don't do and no one ever should, google will take forever to find your site that way.