are you going to buy the CMS version of vB when it becomes available?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Soliloquy, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I bought Jelsoft's blog add-on for one forum, and though it hasn't really been used much I'm not sure yet what I'll do when vB switches over to offering a fully loaded CMS version. I don't like the idea of paying so much more for it when I only use the blog, but I don't like the idea of backpedaling on features (especially not when I've already paid for it). Maybe the blog software will still work with the new version and I won't have to upgrade to the full CMS?

2. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I'm sure that when they release vB 4, the blog will either be compatible, or they'll have an upgrade out very soon after.

As for the CMS, I'll have to check it out first on a test forum before I can decide if I'll purchase it or not.

3. Nick

Nick Regular Member

If I have to buy the full suite just to get the CMS, as it is rumored, then no. But if I can acquire the CMS for a very low price, then I will consider it.

4. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Yeah same here. I'm really hoping that they'll continue to sell the add-ons ala carte.

5. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I'm fairly confident they are going to discontinue the ala carte purchasing options, but we will see.

6. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    With the release of vBulletin 4, I am highly considering buying everything they have to offer and spending a lot of time creating a brand new project from scratch, using only vBulletin and modifications/plugins.

7. John

John Regular Member

I am thinking the same as you Savage. And my new project will be the entertainment forum.

8. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Same here. Buying a full-fledged CMS just seems like overkill for many sites, when I just want the blog feature.

9. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

yeah me too, which sucks dirt.