Are Things Really This Bad

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Terry, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Nice one.

2. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Regular Member

First Name:
    Jeroen
    One thing is certain Google is great in finding information people do not want in the open.

pixelek and Big al like this.
  3. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Well said! I am currently checking on a company called Tap machine inc. As you say Google is great for getting information.

4. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    I last worked for Tap Machine Inc. in 2009 Big Al. I made their first website circa 2001. Surprisingly even after 3 major website overhauls since I left they still use the same javascript profit calculator I created.

I can only imagine what you'll screw up next.

If you're going to mention them better give them a free link - http://www.tapmachine.com/

5. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    While I agree that is true- nothing so far brought up in this thread falls under info no one wanted in the open- it's just useless info no one cares about. Random stock holders no one knows.

6. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Regular Member

First Name:
    Jeroen
    Well i know at least one person that is B. L. W. the person responsible for legal matters at IB and was in the documents between vBulletin vs Xenforo.

Big al likes this.
  7. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

ROFLMAO you're the one who got catch trying to BS the group. Stick a sock in it, we are all familiar with your games.

Big al likes this.
  8. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I had to clean a bunch of posts from this thread. I have said it before and this is the last time I'm saying it.

The next time Big Al posts something that is a back handed stab to try to get a rise out of Joe he will be gone. If Joe takes the bait and continues to argue with Big Al then he is gone.

If you have a problem with each other take it elsewhere. I don't want to see it any more. The users don't want to see any more. It's old and tiresome and what ever happened between you 2 didn't happen here so I don't want it spilling over here.

You both have been warned for the last time.

pixelek, Dan Hutter and BamaStangGuy like this.
  9. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Regular Member

Not sure how Ms. Walsh can be acting on the part of General Counsel still when she's still obligated to be a member of the California Bar. I thought the vBulletin v. XenForo case caught her violating California Rule of the Courts 9.46

10. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Regular Member

First Name:
    Jason
    That's exactly where I remembered that name from.

11. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

I just read the rule. She isn't a member of the bar? Or how does she break the rule?

Scott

12. signal500

signal500 Regular Member

So all this nonsense aside, has "the stable" vBulletin stopped being updated? It looks like that last 5.0.x release was in September 2013, making it almost an entire 6 month period with no updates to the horrible 5.0.5 bug filled release?

And by "the stable" vBulletin, I'm speaking of 5.0.x lineup. I know 5.1 has been released as alpha, but you can barely run what IB calls stable on a server, no way I'd run alpha.

13. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

5.1.0 is beta 2 currently. And yes, all other development has stopped. 3.8.8 is stuck in beta. Emerald and Sapphire are stuck in dreamland. And the vB5.X series is waiting for the release of 5.1.0.

And other people's interests aren't necessarily nonsense. Off-topic maybe, but certainly not always nonsense.

Scott

14. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Regular Member

She's not a member of the California Bar as of today. See: http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/MemberSearch/QuickSearch

If she is, she would appear as RHIC (Registered In House Counsel) or appear under firm name as "Internet Brands" or "vBulletin". She appears as neither.

To verify and validate that the quick search encompasses Rule 9.46 attorneys, I searched for several general counsel attorneys for Apple, Electronic Arts, Google, Intel, Microsoft and even Internet Brands, and found attorneys registered to the California State Bar. Moreover if you enter the lead general counsel point of contacts for a major corporation, they appear in the search.

15. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    "All other development has stopped" except when it isn't stopped. VB 3.8.8 went from Beta 2 to Beta 3 last month. Had you posted this on either the day before or day after I suppose it would have been true since you never see development in real time.

16. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

God you are such a worthless support person. Mark.B and Paul M left and you took up their stupidity for them. Can you do something productive instead of continuing your crap with him?

17. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

and what were the changes from beta 2 to beta 3?

18. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    I don't know. Anyone interested with an account can look through JIRA and determine the changes.

19. Big al

Big al Regular Member

20. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I have to agree, you really are just like a Mark.B "clone" Joe. And your constant bickering with Big Al is making both of you look idiots, you're both like two 10 year olds, but one of you is vBulletin staff and it doesn't reflect well you being one.

If IB had any brains they should ask you, mark and paul to stop mentioning vBulletin on 3rd party sites or your out a job. Because all you 3 do is make matters worse for vBulletin. All 3 of you are like little kids with stuff you come out with, and others see that and think - are these people really vBulletin staff.

I wish also Big Al would stop keep liking all my posts. I don't like you dude, even though I don't know you. Your always trying to get other people to send emails to IB or whatever, by dropping hints about doing it to others (listing email addresses and whatnot). But you won't do it yourself though...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    thewhatami likes this.