SEO, is it something that can be standardized or is it a "personal" thing?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by s.molinari, May 7, 2013.

1. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Hi,

A customer of mine asked for customizable SEO. I won't go into specific details of what he is asking for, as he hasn't provided too many of them yet, but he said, depending on the project for instance, what goes into the meta data for title and description should be "customizable". A simple example would be, depending on what type of content is being shown, then different fields from within that content should be "insertable" into the meta data title and description.

Is that really something that would help ranking? Wouldn't the field data be better in the key words?

My personal opinion is, there is only one "optimal". However, should the owner of a site determine what is optimal really or should the underlying software do it for them? Can SEO in an internet publishing software be standardized?

Scott

Brandon likes this.
  2. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    As far as your questions about meta descriptions and meta keywords goes, the keywords haven't been a priority for years but the search engines do rank the meta description a bit in their algorithm. Ideally you'll want to have unique meta descriptions on all pages.

3. Cerberus

Cerberus Admin Talk Staff

Yeah, every meta description should reflect the content of every page. Most software platforms do this for you, but on a static page you would have to do this yourself. You would also want it to be relevant if you plan on using adsense. When adding weight and such to terms for adsense they also use your meta data to help with the ads they show. I do not know how much they use it, but I find that they do.

Brandon likes this.