We've changed our URL to Admin-Talk.com

Discussion in 'Admin Talk News' started by Brandon, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Hello Everyone,

We just changed the domain name for the forum to a new .com called Admin-Talk.com.

There has been a hold up on the Admin BB domain and I just couldn't wait any longer to get this forum secured and on my server.

Also I would rather have a .com over a .org any day of the week.

I know we'll take a hit in the search engines but all old links will be redirected to the new .com location, so it's not going to be as bad as it could be.

The new domain name also opens up discussion for all types of website help or system admin help. It'll be a great move in the long run, just may hurt us for 30-60 days.

I'm going to set the link directory back up but I'm not sure if it'll be in a /directory/ folder, or just a /dir/ folder or even a subdomain. We will allow all sites (appropriate of course) in the new directory since the site isn’t going to be geared at forum owners only.

I have my eyes on a few nice webmaster forums that would make a great addition to Admin Talk, the URL change will also help in that aspect.

change.jpg
    I’ll be free most the weekend (as of now, that may change) so I can really start playing around with this forum and the xenForo framework to see what we can do on an admin forum.

As always, thanks for the support everyone!

PS.. stay tuned for another big announcement soon

goblues, Kaiser and Big Dan like this.